Sunday, June 7, 2009

Would you believe?

I love spy gadgets. And I love photography. Put those together, and you can understand my profound love of the Minox miniature spy camera. I picked up a digital version in April.

I am also turning 30 tomorrow. And I want to be creative again. So here's what I'm doing. Starting on my birthday, every day, I will post one picture taken that day with my Minox. The picture may be something pedestrian. It may be something inspired. It may be something sublime. Regardless, at the end of the year, there will be 365 of them. And they may tell a story. Or it may be chaos.

So a couple of details . . .

1. To: MFW. If you are reading this, and you know who you are, I apologize for co-opting your idea. I give you full credit for the concept, but I thought it was such a great project that I wanted to try it myself. I hope mine can offer a unique experience. And I hope you can forgive me as well as the legal minutiae of copyright law.

2. My DSLR may act as substitute camera from time to time. It shouldn't have to sit on the bench all year while the Minox has all the fun. I'll let you know when it gets its shot.

3. If I miss a post, I will backdate it when I eventually put it up. And the picture will correspond to the date of the post.

Tune in tomorrow, June 8, 2009, for the first post. And everyday thereafter through June 7, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment